2019 Kanata Midget Tournament
Friday, July 5, 2019 to Sunday, July 7, 2019
Join us for great OBA baseball in the Nation's Capital!
***NOTE: TBA field in the schedule refers to Faulkner***
Upper and Lower Kinsmen
Faulkner / Lyle Park (Nepean)
- As there are thirteen teams participating, there will be two divisions of four teams and one division of five teams.
- All teams are guaranteed three games weather permitting, with one of the host teams (Kanata-Cubs-2) playing a fourth game to balance the schedule. Following the final game of the round robin, the tournament convener will randomly remove one of the Kanata Cubs-2â€™s four games by drawing from a hat. Kanata-Cubs-2â€™s will count three games in the standings, like the other twelve teams.
- Despite only having 3 of their 4 games count for placement, all of Kanata-Cubs-2â€™s pitching records will be used.
- In the four-team divisions, each team will play the other three teams in their division. In the five-team division only Kanata-Cubs-2 will play the other four-teams. The other teams will play three of the four teams in their division.
- The top teams in each division will advance of the semi-final round. The two next best team from the other three divisions will play each other in a wild-card game with the winner advancing as the fourth seed in the semi-final. Based on overall ranking between the four qualifying teams 1st will play 4th and 2nd will play 3rd. The winners of the semi-final will play each other in a final game.
- In all play-off round games, the top ranked teams will be the home team.