Coach Code of Conduct
Kanata Baseball Association seeks to instill in its participants the ideals of good sportsmanship, honesty, loyalty, courage, responsibility, discipline and respect for authority. Also, that the youth of the area will grow to be citizens whose adult lives will reflect those values. These objectives will be reached by providing supervised baseball programs under the Rules and Regulations of the programs’ governing bodies. The supervisors shall bear in mind at all times that the attainment of exceptional athletic skill, or the winning of games is secondary to the player’s well being. It is the philosophy of Kanata Baseball to have its coaches teach all players all aspects of life through the game of baseball.
I therefore agree to the following;
- I will remember that I am a youth sports coach and that the game is for the children and not adults.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation free from harassment or bullying for my players.
- I will lead by example in demonstrating fair play and sportsmanship to all my players.
- I will provide a sports environment for my team that is free of drugs, tobacco and alcohol, and refrain from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will treat all players, parents, spectators, umpires and league officials with the utmost respect.
- I will comply with the decisions of league officials and observe all rules, policies and procedures as established or endorsed by Kanata Baseball Association.
- I understand that the manager alone shall be held responsible for the behaviour of his players, parents and spectators.
- I will not use vulgar or profane language while in the presence of players, parents or spectators.
- I will conduct myself at all times, in a manner that will not be in violation of the rules and regulations of the Program and the By-laws of Kanata Baseball Association and/or is considered detrimental to the best interest of the league.
- If I am in violation of this code of conduct, I understand that I shall be subject to administrative action, up to and including suspension of my privilege to participate in any or all Kanata Baseball Association sponsored activities.
Coaches Code of Conduct