Vulnerable Sector PRCs Required in 2021
KBA requires all volunteers to have a valid Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check (PRC). Anyone participating in a baseball activity (game or practice) without a valid PRC is not insured.
While the Ottawa region is in Red/Lockdown, PRCs are FREE to obtain.
Please follow the steps below to get a Police Records Check from the Ottawa Police:
- Go to the online OPS Police Records Check website and follow the process by clicking "Apply Now"
- Make sure you select a Vulnerable Sector Check (formerly Level 3 / Youth Sports)
- Use the KBA volunteer letter
- Choose the electronic download instead of the paper copy
- Once you have received the results via email, upload your PRC to Ramp website at www.kanatabaseball.com by:
- Click "Register" at top menu bar
- Log-in to your account
- Select "My Family Members" from the left side menu bar (> my family members)
- Click 'Edit' button on your profile
- Scroll down to section labeled "CRC File" (criminal record file)
- Click 'Choose File' and select your electronic file to upload here.
- Click "Submit" button at bottom of page.
Your Police Record Check belongs to you, we only need a copy. If you have one from another youth organization you may use it, as long as it is valid for the Vulnerable Sector and was issued:
- within the past 3 years for LL programs
- within 12 months of the season start for OBA programs
If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org