OBA Rep 15U AA and Below
Friday, July 14, 2023 to Sunday, July 16, 2023
| || |
July 14-16, 2023
Enjoy great OBA baseball in the Nation's Capital! All Baseball Ontario and Baseball Quebec 15U AA-and-below are welcome. Teams are guaranteed three games on Friday and Saturday with play-off round on Sunday. Game MVP awards. Tournament trophies for winning team and runner-up.
Fields are located 5-10 minutes from hotels, restaurants and shopping. Parliament Hill is 15-20 minutes away in downtown Ottawa.
To register, click on the Registration menu option at the top of the page or click here.
More Hotel Information Coming Soon!
160 Hearst Way, Ottawa, Ontario K2L 3A2 Canada
Internet Booking Link: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.66126.html?groupId=Q79HW1G6
Internet Booking Link: https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotel-rooms.66126.html?groupId=3T9AV2G4
Rate: $164 / night (Includes breakfast, self parking & internet)
Room Block Closes: June 2
70 Madawaska Blvd, Arnprior, ON K7S 1S5
20 rooms with 2 doubles - 127.50 + tax
10 rooms with 1 queen - 133.50 + tax
3 rooms with 1 King - 155.00 + tax
Teams need to book with Karen over the phone. 613-623-7991
She is there Monday thru Wednesday 6:30am-6:30pm
1385 Woodroffe Avenue, Ottawa, ON K2G 1V8
Internet Group Booking Link: http://www.stayrcc.com/ottawa-west
Rate: $130 / night
This is a great option for group bookings!
Please complete the following form to move forward with a booking: https://conferenceservices.carleton.ca/inquire-now/. This helps us collect all the information necessary to create a contract.
Carleton University dorm rooms are available annually from May 13 to August 13, 2023. Take a virtual tour of Summer Accommodations
Organizers must prepare a rooming list for guest bedroom allocations and all charges are placed on one master account. Please note that a deposit, signed contract, and proof of general commercial liability insurance (listing Carleton as additionally insured) is required. Note: We do not offer room blocks
- Traditional: Traditional style residences consist of two single beds and desks per room that share a washroom with the adjoining room.
$41/person/night Please note that we do not offer private rooms for this rate.
- Suite: Suite style residences consist of two or four bedrooms, each furnished with one double bed and a desk, which share a common area equipped with a microwave and fridge, and a private washroom.
$62/person/night Please note that we do not offer private suites for this rate.
More details can be found here: http://www.kanatabaseball.com/content/Carleton-University-Dorms
A 5-minute drive from the tournament's primary ball diamonds. The room rate is $175/night + taxes with free parking and minutes away from the largest shopping/dining complexes in Ottawa's west end.
- Booking Link: Holiday Inn Kanata
- Alternatively guests may call the hotel at 613-271-3057, or the Central Reservations Department at 1-800-465-4329. They may refer to the Kanata Baseball Tournament and quote the block code "KB5" when making or amending their reservation.
Space is limited!
All rooms are required to be guaranteed by a credit card.
The tournament rules are as follows:
- no infield pregame warmups
- all round-robin games will follow a "no new inning" after 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- all OBA Arm Care rules must be followed
- the "Home" team will be designated by coin flip, conducted by the site supervisor, and called by the team having travelled the furthest to Kanata.
- the "Home" team shall provide the official scorekeeper.
- the "Home" team shall provide the official pitch-counter
- game is to be added to the Pitch Count App before the game and it's Game ID noted on the official score sheet
- pitch counts are to be completed live-in-game pitch-by-pitch on the OBA Pitch Count App
- pitch counts are to be submitted before teams leave the park
- the official score sheet, signed by a coach from each team, must be submitted to the site supervisor before teams leave the park
- RP7.4 Tie Breaker Rules
- Where tie breaking rules are required, the following tie breaking rules will be used for each placement independently:
- Teams with a forfeit loss are ineligible for tiebreakers
- head to head record among tied teams;
- team with the smallest runs against ratio (runs allowed / number of defensive innings played) in games among tied teams;
- team with the smallest runs against ratio (runs allowed / number of defensive innings played) in all games;
- team with the highest runs for ratio (runs scored / number of offensive innings played) in games among tied teams;
- team with the highest runs for ratio ( runs scored / number of offensive innings played) in all games;
- coin toss
- When there are 3 or more teams tied, the tiebreakers will exclude RP7.4(a)(ii). After the winner of that tie breaker is determined, the tiebreakers will continue, if necessary, excluding RP7.4(a)(ii) as long as there are 3 or more teams tied. When only 2 teams remain, the tiebreaker will start at RP7.4(a)(i).
A $100 deposit is required to reserve your spot and is only refundable if withdrawal from the tournament is requested before February 28th (less $25 admin fee). Full payment is due by May 1st to guarantee placement in the tournament.